Posted by Julie Andrus on 8/26/2022 to General Topics
“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love,
they depart to teach us about loss.
A new dog never replaces an old dog.
It merely expands the heart.” – Author Unknown
That about sums it up! Dogs bring so much joy to us humans and forever change our lives, and always for the better. National Dog Day was established to encourage the adoption of dogs from shelters and rescues.
Here are some tips on how to celebrate the National Dog Day:
- Adopt a dog from your local animal shelter regardless of what breed it belongs to.
- Donate food and blankets to an animal welfare organisation.
- Give time to your dog. Play with it, take it out for a walk, or buy it a new toy.
- Take selfies with your dog, and upload it on social media.
- Spread awareness about the problems that our furry friends face.