Posted by Julie Andrus on 8/3/2022 to General Topics
The National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) Quality Seal can only be used when the manufacturer has successfully passed an independent third-party audit and demonstrates ongoing compliance with the following criteria:
- Have a quality control manual in place that provides written standard operating procedures for production process control, which helps ensure the company is providing a consistent and quality product.
- Have an adverse event reporting/complaint system in place to monitor and evaluate products in real time.
- Comply with stringent labeling guidelines for all products and all forms of labeling.
- Include on product labels any specific warnings and caution statements for particular ingredients that are recommended by the Food & Drug Administration’s Center for Veterinary Medicine (FDA-CVM) and the NASC Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Submit to random product testing by an independent lab to ensure ingredients meet label claim.
Holistic Pet Info is proud to carry products from these brands that have all passed rigorous audits and can display the NASC Quality Seal: