B ComplexVET for Dogs and Cats by Thorne Veterinary
B ComplexVET consists of a group of eight water-soluble compounds: thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), cobalamin (vitamin B12), folate, and biotin. Although each B vitamin is chemically distinct, they often work together in various biochemical functions throughout the body – from cellular energy production to healthy red-blood-cell formation and healthy neurological function.
Most B vitamins, with the exception of vitamin B12, are not stored in the body; consequently, they must be supplemented in an animal health product in order to maintain optimal health.
Supplementing with active B vitamins is extremely important to all animals, especially animals that may not be able to convert non-active vitamins to their active forms in the liver because of compromised liver function, poorly functioning enzymes, digestive disturbances, poor diet, or age. Providing these active cofactors enhances bioavailability, ensuring the animal gets a full complement of B vitamins. Animals that have been ill or that have a poor appetite may need extra supplementation.
Signs of Vitamin B deficiencies:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) - Loss of appetite, loss of nerve control, general weakness
- Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin) - Poor growth, eye abnormalities, heart failure
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) - Loss of appetite and weight, inflamed gums
- Vitamin B5 (Panththenic Acid) - Hair loss, diarrhea
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) - Anemia, poor growth, skin rashes and lesions
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) - Poor hair, dry skin, diarrhea
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) - Anemia
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) - Anemia, fatigue, confusion
Each bottle contains 60 capsules.