› Atopic Dermatitis
› Calming Aids
› Cushing's Disease
› Digestive, General
› Ear Care
› Epilepsy / Seizures
› Eyes, General
› Eye Infections
› Feline Herpes
› Food Allergies
› Heart and Circulation
› Inflammatory Bowel
› Joint Support
› Kennel Cough
› Kidney Disease
› Liver Disease
› Lyme Disease
› Respiratory, General
› Skin and Coat
› Tear Stains
› Digestive Enzymes
› Essential Fatty Acids
› Immune Support
› Treats (All natural)
› Vitamins, Geriatric
› Newsletter Articles
Holistic Pet Info offers natural pet health care products and information for using nutritional supplements, vitamins and other natural medicines to help cats and dogs live healthy lives.
Get Rid of Yellow Grass Spots
Yellow Grass and Dog Urine
A dog’s diet is usually heavy in protein, which, when broken down in the body, produces nitrogen waste products. The nitrogen in dog urine burns the grass, causing yellow or brown patches of dead grass.
There are a few things dog owners can do to prevent these unsightly yellow grass spots:
- Build a dog run. Be sure your dog has access to water and shade. Also, keep it cleaned up and provide additional exercise and stimulation for your four-legged friend.
- Water the effected area every few hours to dilute the nitrogen concentration. (This actually will turn the nitrogen-rich urine into a fertilizer for the grass.) Unfortunately, frequent watering of grass is not always possible because of local watering ordinances and it can prevent grass from forming a healthy root system.
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that adding yogurt to your dog’s diet may help.
- Give your dog a daily dose of GrassSaver, a healthy food supplement from NaturVet.
GrassSaver is a combination of B-Complex vitamins, amino acids and biotin. This synergistic combination helps metabolize nutrients better and diminish yellow spots on the lawn. GrassSaver is effective 98% of the time in reducing the nitrogen content in the urine of dogs who take it regularly. If this product doesn’t work for your dog, return it for a refund!
For best results with GrassSaver, follow these additional steps for a lush green lawn:
- Water lawn heavily for two weeks to "rinse".
- Reseed effected areas after feeding GrassSaver for two weeks.
- Continue feeding GrassSaver daily.
- Enjoy your beautiful lawn!
Grass Saver by NaturVet
GrassSaver is an effective and pet-friendly way to eliminate yellow spots caused by dog urine. Its active ingredient, dl-Methionine, is an essential amino acid which helps to acidify and neutralize the nitrogen in the dog's urine. GrassSaver now comes in peanut butter flavored biscuits as well as in liquid and tablet form.
To purchase or read
more about Grass Saver products...
Coprophagia Deterrent by NaturVet
Stool eating is one of the more unpleasant things a dog can do. The natural ingredients in Coprophagia Deterrent makes the dog's feces taste bad (to the dog) and discourages them from eating it.
To purchase or read more about Coprophagia Deterrent...
||Holistic Pet Info - Natural Pet Products