› Atopic Dermatitis
› Calming Aids
› Cushing's Disease
› Digestive, General
› Ear Care
› Epilepsy / Seizures
› Eyes, General
› Eye Infections
› Feline Herpes
› Food Allergies
› Heart and Circulation
› Inflammatory Bowel
› Joint Support
› Kennel Cough
› Kidney Disease
› Liver Disease
› Lyme Disease
› Respiratory, General
› Skin and Coat
› Tear Stains
› Digestive Enzymes
› Essential Fatty Acids
› Immune Support
› Treats (All natural)
› Vitamins, Geriatric
› Newsletter Articles
Holistic Pet Info offers natural pet health care products and information for using nutritional supplements, vitamins and other natural medicines to help cats and dogs live healthy lives.
Caring for Older Dogs and Cats
Vitamins and Supplements for Older Dogs and Cats
Thankful that your older pet has moved beyond the phase of chewing or scratching furniture, you now may be facing a new set of issues associated with caring for a senior cat or dog:
- Diminished eyesight and cataracts
- Arthritis, joint pain and stiffness
- Liver disease
- Skin and coat dryness
- Food allergies
These are some of the common health problems that affect older dogs and cats.
Vitamins and supplements formulated specifically for older pet health issues are the best choice for your pet.
As animals age, their organs begin to operate less efficiently – some vets believe animals experience up to a 30% loss of functioning of most body systems. Poor diet, environmental pollutants and the natural aging process are to blame. But the future doesn’t have to be so bleak for your older friend. Because you care, you can help him live out his senior years happy and healthy!
Health Tips for Older Pets
While you can’t stop the aging process, you can help your dog or cat stay healthy and perhaps prevent serious diseases that can shorten their life.
- Exercise and a healthy diet are more important than ever.
- Yearly check-ups are key to detect the early signs of disease and begin treatment programs before the disease has a chance to advance.
- Many veterinarians recommend a daily vitamin formulated for older dogs and cats because senior animals do not absorb nutrients from their food as efficiently as they once did.
- Antioxidants are also important to reduce the damage caused by cell oxidation – a factor in the onset of many chronic conditions.
Vitamins and Supplements for Older Dogs and Cats:
Geriatric Vitamins for Dogs and Cats
Antioxidants and Immune Support
Pet Arthritis Supplements
Conditions Related to Aging
For more information about diseases and conditions that affect aging pets, see these links.
Vitamins for Older Dogs and Cats
Joint Support Products
Liver Support Products
Antioxidants and Immune Support Products
Behavioral - Separation Anxiety, Stress
||Holistic Pet Info - Natural Pet Products