Vetri-Liver Feline Chews by Vetri-Science contains fifteen synergistic liver support factors in a highly palatable chicken liver flavored soft chew formula designed to support liver health, methylation and detoxification functions.
Vetri-Liver for cats provides nutrients that support:
- Phase I detoxification neutralizes unwanted chemicals by converting toxins like drugs, hormones, pesticides, pollutants, food additives, and various toxins into less harmful substances. During this process free radicals are produced which, if excessive, can damage liver cells. Nutrients that support this process are B vitamins, Vitamin E, Folic acid, Glutathione, and antioxidants.
- Phase II detoxification removes unwanted substances from the body by converting them into water-soluble chemicals that can be easily excreted via bile and urine. Ingredients that support Phase II processes include Glutathione and Cysteine, and Turmeric. Phase II is also called the conjugation pathway because this is where the liver cells add another substance (cysteine, glycine or a sulphur molecule) to a toxic chemical or drug to make it less harmful. Itís during this process that free radicals are generated which, if excessive, can damage the liver cells.
The nutrients in Vetri-Liver Feline were selected for the following benefits:
- Gluta-Syn supports the production of glutathione and detoxification of the liver.
- Dimethylglycine supports the production of glutathione, SAMe, and sulfur based amino acids.
- Betaine (TMG) supports the production of DMG and glutathione.
- N-Acetyl Cysteine is for antioxidant support, sulphur donation and for the production of glutathione.
- Milk Thistlesupports glutathione levels and liver detoxification.
- Turmeric supports liver and gall bladder function by stimulating the flow of bile and to provide antioxidant support.
- Artichoke Leaf Extract helps normalize liver metabolism and promote bile flow.
- Vitamin A helps protect the liver against free radicals.
- Vitamin E is an important antioxidant that helps protect the liver from copper accumulation.
- Zinc acts as an antioxidant by inhibiting lipid peroxidation and helps protect against fibrosis.
- B Vitamins supports energy and methylation reactions.
Gluta-Syn Whey Protein Isolate - 250 mg
Gluta-Syn supports the production of glutathione and detoxification of the liver.
L-Carnitine - 250 mg
Carnitine is necessary for the transport of fatty acids into hepatic mitochondria for oxidation. It is speculated that a relative deficiency of carnitine may contribute hepatic lipidosis in cats.
Taurine - 250 mg.
Taurine is an essential amino acid for cats and is required for normal bile acid metabolism.
L-Arginine - 250 mg.
Arginine is an essential amino acid in cats. It helps to detoxify ammonia. Diets deficient in arginine (and other amino acids) predispose the cat to developing hyperammonemia. Arginine is also involved in the formation of nitric acid which is used by the body to help regulate blood pressure.
Artichoke Extract - 100 mg
Artichoke Leaf Extract helps normalize liver metabolism and promote bile flow. It also has antioxidant properties.
Choline (Choline Chloride) - 100 mg
Choline is a lipotropic agent and is important for the processing of fats and the regulation of the gall bladder. A deficiency may result in fatty build-up in the liver.
Betaine - 50 mg
Betaine (TMG) supports the production of DMG and glutathione.
N,N-Dimethylglycine (DMG) HCl - 50 mg
DMG provides useful building blocks that support the production of glutathione and SAMe. It also supports the immune system and aids in detoxification.
Milk Thistle Extract - 25 mg
Milk Thistle supports glutathione levels and liver detoxification.
Turmeric Extract - 20 mg
Turmeric supports liver and gall bladder function by stimulating the flow of bile and to provide antioxidant support.
Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A) - 375 IU
Vitamin A is a fat-soluable vitamin and helps protect the liver against free radicals.
d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) - 25 IU
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant. It is needed in those with a "fatty liver", where there is an accumulation of unhealthy oxidized fats in the liver cells.
Zinc (Zn Carnosine) - 1.1 mg
Zinc acts as an antioxidant by inhibiting lipid peroxidation and helps protect against fibrosis.
Folic Acid - 0.09 mg
Folic Acid supports methylation pathway and is required for the phase one detoxification pathway in the liver and for cell repair and division.
Thiamine (Vitamin B1) - 0.8 mg B Vitamins to support energy and methylation reactions
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 0.5 mg
Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6) - 0.35 mg
Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) - 0.003 mg
Inactive Ingredients: brewers yeast, chicken liver flavor, citric acid, glycerin, mixed tocopherols, propionic acid, proprietary blend (maltodextrin, sodium alginate and calcium sulfate), rosemary extract, safflower oil, silicon dioxide, soy lecithin, vegetable oil.
Adult Cats: Give 2 chews daily.